Saturday, March 10, 2012

Life Journeys

Wow.  It took me what seemed like forever to figure this out.  I think the hardest part for me was coming up with a blog name.  (I know, how dumb it that!!)  I started this so anyone who reads it can keep up with what is going on with our adoption, but I decided I didn't want it to be just about that.  Therefore, I needed something to reflect that thought.  I came up with Journeys in Life.  The word journey has several definitions, two of which ring true with me:  1. a period of travel; 2. passage or progress from one stage to another.   
We are on a journey in this life.  It's a journey from the day we are born to the day we arrive in our Father's home.  During this period of travel, we progress from one stage in life to the next.  What we choose to make of each of these smaller journeys is up to us.  We can choose to follow God and the journey He has for us, knowing that we may not always understand or like it.  Or, we can make our own way.  As appealing as that may sound to many people, that journey is filled with disaster and regret.  When that life journey comes to an end, as all life journeys do, and they arrive in front of our Father the end result will not be happiness.
But, I digress.  This blog is ultimately about the journey that God has for us. The journey He has set us on and that we have chosen to follow for the second time now.  So, for anyone who reads this, I hope you enjoy reading about our journey!!

1 comment: